+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: TRAS Exam. How to begin with it?

Default TRAS Exam. How to begin with it?

Hello,

I would like to ask that how to begin with the licensing exam of Ireland, i.e TRAS. I know about their requirements for exam.

But what are the prospects after clearing this exam? What is the ratio of Candidates clearing the MCQ and OSCE exam?

What are the job opportunites after clearing both parts of the TRAS?

Is the situation quite same like UK? Can we get Observership or externship their in Ireland after the MCQ exam?

Does the clinical experience of Ireland carries some weightage when we apply for Match in US?

Thank You
    NAVEED HAIDER

But what are the prospects after clearing this exam? What is the ratio of Candidates clearing the MCQ and OSCE exam?

What are the job opportunites after clearing both parts of the TRAS?

Almost in every medicine related fields desis are working.you will get a job of Medical Officer/you can work on locums as well,its up to you,even you can get into their Fellowship program.
    Passing ratio is quite excellent/easier than PLAB.

Is the situation quite same like UK? Can we get Observership or externship their in Ireland after the MCQ exam?

Now situation is quite good in UK.

you can do observership without exams but for externship you must have license in your hands.

Does the clinical experience of Ireland carries some weightage when we apply for Match in US?

Definitely yaar,if you have a chance for some experience in Ireland,go for it
    -Adnan Choudhry

Orkut

Facebook

Please visit:
    www.imgadvisor.org

Default help needed...

Hello,

I would like to ask that how to begin with the licensing exam of Ireland, i.e TRAS. can you tell me requirements for exam.
    can we give part one before we get our degree like step 1.

is it easy 2 get into residency?
    do reply

Quote Originally Posted by qaisrani View Post
    Hello,

I would like to ask that how to begin with the licensing exam of Ireland, i.e TRAS. can you tell me requirements for exam.
    can we give part one before we get our degree like step 1.

is it easy 2 get into residency?
    do reply
    Your Question regarding requirements for TRAS

1) mbbs degree copy
    2) certificate of experience of house job or internship copy(e.g in pakistan from PM&DC, in India from medical council of India)
    3) certificate of goodstanding original, not copy(from pmdc or Medical council of India)
    4) IELTS band 7 overall.
    5) passport copy

All the copies should be attested by the Notary public or Comissioners of Oath

It is an easy exam as compared to others as there are just 60 MCQs in the exam.

You cannot take the TRAS exam before the degree.

The time you submit the documents, it takes approximately 2 months to get eligibility. After u get eligible u can take the exam whenever u want to.
    NAVEED HAIDER

Thumbs up

Please go through the link carefully;

www.medicalcouncil.ie

All the best
    -Adnan Choudhry

Orkut

Facebook

Please visit:
    www.imgadvisor.org

Arrow Tras

After reading all about Ireland and TRAS, I have concluded that people consider it as the easiest license examination, at least easier than PLAB, AMC, USMLE and like. I do not know whether they are right as I have no any experience to sit in TRAS examination.

It is after knowing this exam as easy and containing only 50 or 60 questions that I am planning to appear. I would like to know if anybody can provide me the link towards suggested books that Ireland Medical Council has advised for TRAS. I ll be thankful.

Also, I will be thankful if any of you can help me in pointing out its syllabus topics, like what chapters should one require to study.

Besides, anything else is welcome.
    Dr. Yasir Qureshi.

Thumbs up

I am not sure about the syllabus or books specified by Irish Medical Council. But by learning from other people and class mates who are preparing for TRAS, I can tell you that the preparation is not that difficult. The books I was told by my friends to study for TRAS are:

1.Oxford Handbook Of Clinical Medicine.
    2.Oxford Handbook Of Clinical Specialities.
    3.Kaplan Lectures Notes for USMLE Step 2CK.
    4.Some people combine it with Toronto Notes, others don't.

This is the material, from which people usually study for TRAS.
    NAVEED HAIDER

Thank you Naveed.
    Dr. Yasir Qureshi.

U r welcome. TRAS exam is considered relatively easier. But the job situation is quite bleak after clearing the exam. You get a temporary registration which can be extended. But in order to find a job u need to get some observerships you have to work honorary for a period of 6 to 7 months.

And working honorary for 6 to 7 months or more in a foreign country is not that easy. You are continously dependent on your parents back home for money during all this period and believe me this is not easy untill u r quite well off back home.
    NAVEED HAIDER

well how r u ppl i am also prepare my self to do TRAS which actually now changed from TRAS to PRES and some points also have been changed i have some info that may help other pple who are interested and we can share info. that may help us all my e mail is
    the_exile2003@hotmail.com
    bytheway the ILETS score now is 7.5 not 7 as mentiond
    M.Zidan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast